Merge branch 'master' of email@example.com:/var/gits/bwikiMerged: <a href="/diff/bb6b7f4e68d108e134ed68f0a4c330a5ae56acbc">bb6b7f4e68d108e134ed68f0a4c330a5ae56acbc</a> <a href="/diff/a9ca7219d36d9ef44be718fc5251b4be058bdd4c">a9ca7219d36d9ef44be718fc5251b4be058bdd4c</a>
File created: git-sucks [Diff]
-- /dev/null++ b/git-sucks
@@ -1 +1,51 @@
__This article about git is a stub. You can help -Wikipe- Bitcheese.net project by expanding it.__
h1. Git Sucks
This content is my small individual experiense of using version control systems. It's for you information.
h2. Git is stupid, but overmuch difficult
bq. git - the stupid content tracker
* compare with darcs and camp VCS
* something about patch theory
h2. Git is feeble
h3. Reverting old commits
@git diff <commit>..<commit>^ <file> | git apply -@
h3. About working with individual alterations at the same file
h3. No unicode support
Do you know how to work with non-ASCII characters in filenames in git repo? I don't.
h1. Git Rocks
* where git rocks
h2. Working with branches
"Benchmarks say":http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/GitBenchmarks what git is faster than another VCS on some operations. Well, it may be important if... Hm, I don't know.
h2. Git vs CVS vs SVN vs Mercurial vs Bazaar
And don't think what CVS, SVN, mercurial or bazaar is better than git. It's not truth, these version control systems are much worse. You can read about it below.
* "Why Git is Better than X":http://whygitisbetterthanx.com/
* "Video about camp":http://projects.haskell.org/camp/unique — "This video explains all!"
* "Darcs's patch theory on official manual":http://darcs.net/manual/node9.html
* "Darcs's patch theory on wikibooks":http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Understanding_darcs/Patch_theory — there are more images here
* "Bazaar vs Git":http://bazaar-vcs.org/BzrVsGit — humoristic work by ubuntu creators.
* "Cutting Edge Revision Control":http://bryan-murdock.blogspot.com/2007/03/cutting-edge-revision-control.html — there is small benchmark here too